The book “the Motorcycle Diaries” was written by Che Guevara, and it is a story about a journey he made from Córdoba in Argentina to Caracas in Venezuela in late 1952, with his friend Alberto Granado. Midway through their journey, their main and most important mean of transportation broke down, which was a motorcycle named La Poderosa II. They had to abandon the motorcycle in the southern part of Chile, and their journey began. Overall, this book was a very easy read, and also very easy to understand. The two men go through many crazy adventures with each other, Che, who is a year away from graduating medical school, and Alberto, who is slightly older and Granado, who is specializing in the study of leprosy.
“But what makes it particularly interesting is the hints the book contains of the future "Che." I found this to be extremely important throughout the book. What Che says and how he reacts to what he see during his journey, is very important for his future. I strongly agree to this point that Thomas made.
To be totally honest, I do not recommend this book. I feel as if it is very boring to read, and I could not lie about that. In the beginning of the book, Che and Alberto have a very boring journey, with the same things happening over and over again. They always arrive in a new town or city and that following things always seem to happen. First, the motorcycle encounters a problem, and it has to be fixed in the shop. Then, they find a new “friend” to stay with, who always offers them mate. I hate to be a Debbie downer, but I did not enjoy reading this book.
You can read Riggin's review here.
No comments:
Post a Comment